Minor In Possession Of Alcohol Or Drugs

The consequences of a criminal conviction go beyond jail time, community service, fines, fees and probation. The long-term effects of a permanent criminal record impact future employment opportunities. For minors arrested for possession of alcohol or drugs, suspensions and expulsions from area schools and colleges are possible.

The attorneys at The Cohen Law Firm understand the stakes involved when a minor is facing conviction of a serious crime involving alcohol or drugs. Attorney Jill Polster is a former prosecutor who possesses insight into the opposing side. Andy Cohen is a career defense attorney possessing a track record of success defending Georgia residents charged with serious crimes.

Georgia Lawyers Representing Minors Charged With Possession Of Alcohol Or Drugs

A minor in possession (MIP) charge can occur even if you were not found in possession of alcohol and without submitting to a breath test. You may also lose your driver's license, even if you weren't driving at the time of the arrest. Although considered a misdemeanor for a first-time offense, the consequences can still be severe.

An MIP conviction may also violate the Student Code of Conduct at the school you attend. Prosecution by your school could result in a wide range of consequences, from probation to suspension. Whether you are appearing in criminal court or a student disciplinary hearing, you need an attorney knowledgeable about both criminal and your school's disciplinary process.

First-time offenders may have the option to participate in a diversion program to minimize the consequences of an MIP. Expungement following successful completion of a diversion program is also possible. While not happening automatically, our lawyers can guide you through the process to ensure the best results.

Contact The Experienced Atlanta And DeKalb County Minor In Possession Attorneys At The Cohen Law Firm

Our attorneys have represented students attending Emory, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, and other universities and colleges throughout Georgia. Contact the Atlanta and DeKalb County minor in possession attorneys at The Cohen Law Firm for a free initial consultation at 404-919-7096.